For many people needing surgeries, second opinions and risky procedures, it is important to know which hospitals are the best. It’s that time of year again where U.S. News & World Report has released their annual list of top ranked hospitals.
This year, Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston has taken the top spot, pushing last year’s first place, Mayo Clinic, to second place. Following these are:
3. John Hopkins Hopsital in Baltimore
4. UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles
5. Cleveland Clinic
6. Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston
7. New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
8. UCSF Medical Center in San Francisco
9. Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia
10. Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University in St. Louis
11. Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago
12. NYU Langone Medical Center
13. UPMC-University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
14. Duke University Hospital in Durham, N.C.
15. Stanford Health-Stanford Hospital in Stanford, CA
The rankings are calculated on survival rates, nursing staff, reputation and patient volume. Among the list were more details about the top rated regional hospitals and rare and complicated conditions. Also included on this year’s list were top hospitals ranked by specialty. For more information on the top ranked hospitals in the country, visit http://www.webmd.com/news/20150720/hospital-honor-roll-2015.